September 13, 2008 | Author: PM Hut | Filed under: Project Stakeholder Management
Following is a list of the main responsibilities of the project sponsor:
- Be chief champion of the project
- Have accountability for the project and ongoing accountability for the outcomes
- Chair the project steering committee
- Advocate the project internally and externally
- Facilitate and support policy and funding recommendations
- Provide overview and direction for the project
- Resolve issues identified by the project manager when requested (and agreed)
- Support the project manager in carrying out the project
- Monitor the project budget
- Monitor project risk
- Ensure that deliberations of the project are adequately recorded and available to appropriate parties
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. Based in the city of Brisbane with a global outlook, it has 40,000 students, including 6000 from overseas, (QUT Statistics) and an annual budget of more than AU$500 million. Courses are in high demand and its graduate employment rate is well above the national average for Australian universities.
No comments yet.