Project Management Role and Responsibilities
By Siraj Qureshi
To deliver a solution within project constraints, strong project management skills are essential. Project management is a process that combines a set of skills and techniques to address the following tasks:
- Integrate planning and conduct change control
- Define and manage the scope of the project
- Prepare a budget and manage costs
- Prepare and track schedules
- Ensure that the right resources are allocated to the project
- Manage contracts and vendors and procure project resources
- Facilitate team and external communications
- Facilitate the risk management process
- Document and monitor the team’s quality management process
- makes the final decision on the issue by transitioning into the role of decision leader to enable the project to continue.
Program management makes the decision with the goal of meeting the customer’s requirements and delivering the solution within the constraints. After the decision is made, the team returns to operating as a team of peers.
Siraj is a Senior Consultant working with a reputable in the US. He has managed several IT projects for CMM level 5 organizations. Also, he is an MCP and has expertise in .Net technologies and he has around 12 years of software management and development experience. He is passionate about learning new and emerging technologies. His main interests are SDLC, .Net Framework, ASP.NET, AJAX, WCP, WPF, Web development, Application designing, Code generation, Performance tuning etc. Siraj runs a blog:
If you have any suggestion or you want to share something, please drop in your comments or you can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your suggestions will be appreciated.
No comments yet.