September 15, 2008 | Author: PM Hut | Filed under: Project Stakeholder Management
Following is a list of the main responsibilities of the project steering committee:
- Direct attention to the project at a strategic level.
- Make strategic decisions where required.
- Approve or kill the Project Plan .
- Make decisions on whether to approve requested changes in the Project Plan or kill or halt the project while the project is executing.
- Ensure that the relevant governance council is advised of significant project issues through the Project Portfolio Office.
- Provide guidance to the project manager .
- Review project progress and issues with the project manager regularly.
- Monitor the project budget: a key factor.
- Monitor the project risk: a key factor that is increasingly important.
- Resolve policy issues.
- Escalate issues where required.
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. Based in the city of Brisbane with a global outlook, it has 40,000 students, including 6000 from overseas, (QUT Statistics) and an annual budget of more than AU$500 million. Courses are in high demand and its graduate employment rate is well above the national average for Australian universities.