Project Team Chart
A project team chart is much like an organization chart in that it is arranged according to hierarchy or class structure. However, a project team chart is more specific to one purpose. It contains the names, positions, contact information, and responsibilities of everyone involved in a certain project, although it will not lay out a timeline or any order for when certain tasks must be completed.
It is good to use a project team chart when there are going to be a lot of people working on the same project. If only two or three people will be involved, a project team chart is futile. However, in the event that a larger team is required, this diagram will keep everyone organized and working on the same page.
- Determine the team. Decide who will be involved with the project and what their positions and responsibilities will be.
- Put someone in charge. Decide who everyone will be reporting back to. This may be a manager, boss, or the head of the project. Whoever it is, put the person’s title and name in a rectangle at the top of the page. If anyone else is also in charge, he or she may be connected to this person by a horizontal line.
- Add team members. Draw a line leading down from the person(s) in charge and connect it to another rectangle. Inside this rectangle write the title of the next person in line and his or her name. Anyone on the same hierarchical level should be connected by a horizontal line. Continue adding members until everyone is accounted for remembering that anyone on the same horizontal level is considered to have equal responsibility or influence the project.
- Add responsibility. Inside each rectangle beneath the person’s name and position write a summary of their responsibilities in the project.
- Add outside entities. Any other businesses or people outside your company who will also be contributing to the project should also be on the list. They can be placed in rectangles on the side and should include their name, job title, and any necessary contact information.
- Share. Make sure that everyone involved in the project knows his or her responsibilities and who else is working on the project. This is key to having the project run smoothly.
SmartDraw.com is the creator of SmartDraw, the world’s most popular business graphics software and the first program that makes it possible for ordinary computer users to create presentation-quality business graphics in minutes. Each year more than two million people install and use SmartDraw and the company counts more than half of the members of the Fortune 500 as loyal customers.
Founded in 1994, SmartDraw.com is privately-held and based in San Diego, CA. In addition to SmartDraw 2008 for general business and home use, the company also offers SmartDraw Healthcare and SmartDraw Legal editions which include graphics and applications unique to their respective fields. For more information on the company or to download a free trial of SmartDraw, please visit www.smartdraw.com.
No comments yet.