August 23, 2008 | Author: PM Hut | Filed under: Project Management Framework
The Project Proposal lays out the elements of a project for consideration for approval by a governing authority. Approval usually means that funds are reserved. Circumstances under which reserved funds are released into a project account:
- Partial release for engagement of a project manager to prepare a Project Plan after Project Proposal approval
- Approval to prepare a Feasibility Study (using the Project Proposal template)
- Approval to prepare Project Specifications (using the Project Proposal template)
- Approval of a streamlined Project Proposal that is treated as a Project Plan for small projects
- An approved Project Plan from the Planning Phase
The above process can accommodate almost all types of projects (it can be slightly modified for the rest).
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. Based in the city of Brisbane with a global outlook, it has 40,000 students, including 6000 from overseas, (QUT Statistics) and an annual budget of more than AU$500 million. Courses are in high demand and its graduate employment rate is well above the national average for Australian universities.
No comments yet.